Quick info about Narendra Modi Height, Age, Family, Wife, Biography, and Caste
Narendra Damodardas Modi popularly known as Narendra Modi. His date of birth is 17 September 1950. Modi was born in Vadnagar, Bombay (present-day Gujrat). Narendra Modi’s age is 69 years old as of 2019. Narendra Modi is an Indian politician who is serving as the 14th and current Prime Minister of India since 2014. PM Narendra Modi also served as the chief minister of Gujrat from 2001 to 2014. Born in Vadnagar to a Gujarati family, Modi first used to help his father in his tea stall. Narendra Modi gained his education from the University of Delhi and the University of Gujrat. Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi is the wife of Narendra Modi. There is also a film made on Narendra Modi’s biography.
Modi is a political leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), an Indian political party and member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a Hindu nationalist volunteer organization.
He is the only prime minister outside the Indian National Congress to win two consecutive elections with full majority and the only prime minister after Atal Bihari Vajpayee to complete five years in office.
Basic Info About Narendra Modi
Name: Narendra Modi
Full Name: Narendra Damodar Das Modi
Height: 1.7m (In Meters), 170cm (In centimeters), 5 feet 7 inches (In Feet)
Age: 69 Years
Birth Date: 17 September 1950
Birth Day: Sunday
Birth Place: Vadnagar, Bombay (present-day Gujrat)
Mother’s Name: Heeraben Modi
Father’s Name: Damodardas Mulchand Modi
Wife’s Name: Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi
Occupation: Serving as the 14th and current Prime Minister of India
Narendra Modi Age, Height and Physical Appearance
Prime Minister Modi’s date of birth is 17th September 1950. The age of Narendra Modi is 69 years as of 2019. He is 5 feet 7 inches tall in height (1.7m). Modi weighs around 78 kgs and is physically fit. He is very fond of doing Yoga which helps him stay fit. At the age of 69, Narendra Modi stills perform his daily duties in the Prime Minister’s Office. His eye color is black and the color of his hair is white. Above is an image of Narendra Modi age 69 years at his birthday with his mother Heeraben Modi.
Family and Wife
Prime Minister Modi age 69 was born on 17 September 1950 in Vadnagar, Bombay (presently in Gujrat state). He was born in a Gujarati family. His father’s name is Damodardas Mulchand Modi. And his mother’s name is Smt. Hiraben Damodardas Modi. Modi has 4 brothers named Soma Modi, Amrit Modi, Prahlad Modi, and Pankaj Modi and has 1 sister and her name is Vasantiben Hasmukkhlal Modi. He was the third of the six children of Damodardas Mulchand Modi.
The name of Narendra Modi’s wife is Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi. Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi is a retired Indian teacher. Their marriage was traditional and was arranged by their families in Vadnagar. PM Narendra Modi did not officially acknowledge his wife and the marriage until his election campaign in 2014. In the Indian General Elections of 2014, Modi contested from Vadodara. At that time he was asked to declare any previous marriage. In response, for the first time, Narendra Modi acknowledged his wife Jashodaben Modi. Still maximum of the people in India doesn’t know about the wife of Narendra Modi.
Prime Minister Modi is a leader and member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- In 1978, Modi became an RSS regional organizer who supervised the activities in the areas of Vadodara and Surat.
- He joined BJP in 1985.
- In 1987, he helped BJP in winning the Ahmedabad Municipal Election by organizing the election campaign in Ahmedabad.
- He was elected as the organizing secretary of the BJP’s Gujrat unit later in 1987.
- Modi rose to power and was elected as the member of BJP’s National Election Committee in 1990
- In 1992, he took a break from politics for establishing a school in Ahmedabad.
- Narendra Modi returned to politics in 1994.
- In 1995, Modi’s strategy helped NJP win the 1995 state assembly elections
- Modi was elected as the BJP National Secretary in the same year.
- Then in May 1998, Modi was promoted to BJP general secretary.
- In 2001, Narendra Modi was elected as the Chief Minister of Gujrat.
- He continued as Chief Minister of Gujrat till 2014.
- In 2014, he was elected as the Prime Minister of India
- Again in 2019, he retained his position as Prime Minister of India with record-breaking 300+ seats in total.
Narendra Modi Education
Modi was born and brought to a tea seller’s family. His father used to sell tea in a railway station so it was hard for him to complete his education. To support his family financially, he used to help his father in his tea stall. Due to this reason, he is known as ‘Chaiwala’.
Many people in India think that he doesn’t have a proper education but the truth is that in 1978 he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from School of Open Learning at the University of Delhi.
Then in 1983, he received a Master of Arts degree in Political Science from Gujarat University with a first-class.
Education of Narendra Modi is still a question for many people. Some say he left his education while his voters say that Narendra Modi has a proper education. Recently, BJP Leader Amit Shah showed PM Modi’s MA Degree in a press conference which was proof of education of Narendra Modi.
According to his affidavit filed with the Election Commission, Prime Minister Modi has assets worth Rs 2.5 Crore including a residential plot in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. He has a fixed deposit of Rs 1.27 Crore and Rs 38, 750 cash in hand.
He has declared movable assets worth Rs 1.41 Crore and immovable assets valued at Rs 1.1 Crore. PM has invested Rs 20,000 in tax saving infra bonds, Rs 7.61 Lakh in National Saving Certificate (NSC) and Rs 1.9 Lakh in LIC Policies.
He has Rs 4,143 as a cash balance in his savings account. PM Modi has 4 gold rings weighing 45 lakhs which are valued at Rs 1.13 lakh.
His residential plot at Sector-1, Gandhinagar is about 3531 sq. ft. and is valued at Rs 1.1 Crore. He has disclosed total assets of Rs 1.65 Crore.
Salary as Prime Minister
- Annual Salary: Rs 19,92,000
- Monthly Salary: Rs 1,66,000
- Weekly: Rs 38,307
- Daily: Rs 7,661
His salary per month as PM is Rs 1,66,000. PM Modi’s annual salary is estimated to be Rs 19.92 Lakhs. His basic salary is Rs 50,000 with an expenditure related allowance of Rs 3000, a daily allowance of Rs 62,000 and an MP allowance of Rs 45,000.
Narendra Modi Biography Film
Director Omung Kumar directed the film PM Narendra Modi which a biopic based on PM Modi”s life and biography. It features Vivek Oberoi as the lead actor playing PM Modi. This film was produced by Suresh Oberoi and Sandip Singh. This film was released on 24 May 2019 in India. This Narendra Modi biography film didn’t receive a great response in the box office and was only able to earn Rs 23 Crore. The film was made with a budget of Rs 8 crore. Many people think that this biography film of PM Narendra Modi is a political stunt carried out by the Bharatiya Janata Party to win the election.
Awards, Achievements, and Recognition
- In 2007, Modi was named as the Best Chief Minister by India Today.
- He appeared on the cover of the Asian Edition of Times Magazine in March 2012.
- In 2014, CNN-IBN news network awarded him Indian of the Year.
- He was named one of Times Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
- PM Modi was ranked as the 15th Most Powerful People in the World by Forbes Magazine 2014.
- Again in 2015, 2016 and 2018, he was ranked as the 9th Most Powerful People in the World.
- Modi was ranked as the 13th Most Influential Person in the World by Bloomberg Markets Magazine in 2015.
- He was ranked 5th on Fortune Magazine’s first annual list of the World’s Greatest Leaders in 2015.
- Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled a wax statue of Modi in 2016.
- In October 2018, PM Modi received the UN’s highest environmental award, ‘Champions of the Earth’ for policy leadership by pioneering work in championing the International Solar Alliance and new areas of levels of cooperation on environmental action.